Recycle Right in the Heights
Support Cuyahoga County's plastic bag ban has been in effect since January 2022
“Disposable Plastic Bag” means a bag made from either non-composable plastic or compostable plastic provided by a Retail Establishment to a customer at point of sale for the purpose of transporting purchased items.
Disposable Plastic Bag does not include:
1. a bag the customer brought with them to the Retail Establishment,
2. a newspaper bag,
3. a bag provided by a pharmacist that contains a prescription drug,
4. a bag used to package a bulk item or to contain or wrap a perishable item such as meat, fish, produce, baked goods, or flowers,
5. a bag that a restaurant gives a customer to take prepared or leftover food or drink from the restaurant,
6. a bag intended for use as a dry cleaning, garbage, or yard waste bag
7. pre-packaged bags used for the collection of pet waste,
8. Non-Permitted Paper Bags and Permitted Paper Bags, as defined in this Chapter,
9. Bags provided to the consumer for the purpose of transporting a partially consumed bottle of wine pursuant to Section 4301.62(E) of the Ohio Revised Code, or
10. a bag provided at curbside pickup or point of delivery.
We live in a “throw away” society built for modern conveniences, but it’s easier to be green than you think!
In this workshop, the Cleveland Heights Green Team shares tips on ways to reduce household waste: primarily, single use products for personal hygiene and cleaning products.